Welcome to Sugartime!
We've drafted these Terms of Service (which we simply call the "Terms") so that you'll know the rules that govern our relationship with you. Although we have tried our best to strip the legalese from the Terms, there are places where these Terms may still read like a traditional contract. There's a good reason for that: These Terms do indeed form a legally binding contract between you and Sugartime, Inc. So please read them carefully.
By using the Services, you agree to the Terms. Of course, if you don't agree with them, then don't use the Services.
The App and the Service are owned and operated by Sugartime! Limited. (“Sugartime!,” “we,” or “us”) and are accessed by you under the Terms of Service described herein (“Terms of Service” or “Agreement”). Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using the App or the Service. By accessing the App or using any part of the Service, you agree to become bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to all these terms and conditions, then you may not access the App or use the Service. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third party rights or benefits.
ARBITRATION NOTICE: WE WANT TO LET YOU KNOW UPFRONT THAT THESE TERMS CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION CLAUSE A LITTLE LATER ON. EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES MENTIONED IN THAT ARBITRATION CLAUSE, YOU AND Sugartime AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN US WILL BE RESOLVED BY MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION, AND YOU AND SUGARTIME WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
No one under 18 is allowed to create an account or use the Services. We may offer additional Services with additional terms that may require you to be even older to use them. So please read all terms carefully.
By using the Services, you state that:
* - You can form a binding contract with Sugartime;
* - You will comply with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations.
If you are using the Services on behalf of a business or some other entity, you state that you are authorized to grant all licenses set forth in these Terms and to agree to these Terms on behalf of the business or entity. If you are using the Services on behalf of an entity of the United States Government or Chinese Government, you agree to the Amendment to Sugartime Terms of Service for the United States Government and Chinese Government Users.
No one under 18 is allowed to create an account or use the Services.
You hereby warrant that you are at least 18 years old. In the event that the information you provide in this regard is not truthful, Sugartime shall not be liable as it cannot verify the age of its users. If you are under 18 years old, do not attempt to register or use the App or the Service. If you are under the age of 18, you may use the Service, with or without registering, only with the approval of your parent or guardian. In addition, you should review these terms with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand and agree with these terms.
Sugartime grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, nonexclusive, revocable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of letting you use and enjoy the Service's benefits in a way that these Terms and our usage policies.
Any software that we provide you may automatically download and install upgrades, updates, or other new features. You may be able to adjust these automatic downloads through your device's settings.
You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless applicable laws prohibit these restrictions or you have our written permission to do so.
Many of our Services let you create, upload, post, send, receive, and store content. When you do that, you retain whatever ownership rights in that content you had to begin with. But you grant us a license to use that content. How broad that license is depends on which Services you use and the Settings you have selected.
For all Services, you grant Sugartime a worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to host, store, use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, and distribute that content. This license is for the limited purpose of operating, developing, providing, promoting, and improving the Services and researching and developing new ones.
Because Local is inherently public and chronicle matters of public interest, the license you grant us for content submitted to those Services is broader. In addition to the rights you grant us in connection with other Services, you also grant us a perpetual license to create derivative works from, promote, exhibit, broadcast, syndicate, publicly perform, and publicly display content submitted to Local or any other crowd-sourced Services in any form and in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). To the extent it's necessary, you also grant Sugartime and our business partners the unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual right and license to use your name, likeness, Local content that you upload or send. This means, among other things, that you will not be entitled to any compensation from Sugartime or our business partners if your name, likeness or Local.
While we're not required to do so, we may access, review, screen, and delete your content at any time and for any reason, including if we think your content violates these Terms. You alone though remain responsible for the content you create, upload, post, send, or store through the Service.
The Services may contain advertisements. In consideration for Sugartime letting you access and use the Services, you agree that Sugartime, its affiliates, and third-party partners may place advertising on the Services.
We always love to hear from our users. But if you volunteer feedback or suggestions, just know that we can use your ideas without compensating you.
Much of the content on our Services is produced by users, publishers, and other third parties. Whether that content is posted publicly or sent privately, the content is the sole responsibility of the person or organization that submitted it. Although Sugartime reserves the right to review all content that appears on the Services and to remove any content that violates these Terms, we do not necessarily review all of it. So we cannot—and do not—take responsibility for any content that others provide through the Services.
Through these Terms, we make clear that we do not want the Services put to bad uses. But because we do not review all content, we cannot guarantee that content on the Services will always conform to our Terms.
We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content contributed by users or endorse any of the opinions expressed therein. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against us with respect thereto. You acknowledge that any reliance on User Contributed Content of any Sugartime user will be at your own risk.
Sugartime respects the rights of others. And so should you. You therefore may not upload, send, or store content that:
* - violates or infringes someone else's rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual-property right;
* - bullies, harasses, or intimidates;
* - defames; or spams or solicits Sugartime's users;
* - is inappropriate to other users or illegal, including, but not limited to, anything that is defamatory, inaccurate, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, offensive, obscene, pornographic, hateful, or promotes violence, discrimination, bigotry, racism, or hatred, as determined by Sugartime in its sole discretion;
* - introduces viruses, time-bombs, worms, cancelbots, Trojan horses and/or other harmful code, - is reverse look-up or trace any information of any other User or visitor or otherwise use the Services for the purpose of obtaining information of any User or visitor;
* - attempts to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Services, or any systems or networks by hacking, password "mining" or any other illegitimate means;
* - uses any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any manual process to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Services or any data or materials contained therein or obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the System;
* - asks or offers sexually explicit images or engage in any activity harmful to minors or otherwise violates these terms.
You must also respect Sugartime's rights. These Terms do not grant you any right to:
* - use branding, logos, designs, photographs, videos, or any other materials used in our Services;
* - copy, archive, download, upload, distribute, syndicate, broadcast, perform, display, make available, or otherwise use any portion of the Services or the content on the Services except as set forth in these Terms;
* - use the Services or any content on the Services for any commercial purposes without our consent.
In short: You may not use the Services or the content on the Services in ways that are not authorized by these Terms. Nor may you help or enable anyone else in doing so.
We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any content contributed by Sugartime users, such as content which violates these Terms of Service. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to :
* - satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
* - enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof;
* - detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
* - respond to member support requests, or protect our rights, property or safety, and that of our users and the public.
We will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non-exercise of this right under these Terms of Service.
You understand that by using or accessing the App or the Service you may be exposed to content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate material, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content or communications, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any form of User Contributed Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Sugartime content or content posted by users which are posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on the App or through the Service.
You agree to only upload, post, submit or otherwise transmit User Contributed Content: (i) that you have the lawful right to use, copy, distribute, transmit, or display; and (ii) that does not infringe the intellectual property rights or violate the privacy rights of any third party (including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, or moral right or right of publicity). Sugartime respects the legal rights of others, and asks that its users do the same.
Sugartime honors the requirements set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We therefore take reasonable steps to expeditiously remove from our Services any infringing material that we become aware of. And if Sugartime becomes aware that one of its users has repeatedly infringed copyrights, we will take reasonable steps within our power to terminate the user's account.
We make it easy for you to report suspected copyright infringement. If you believe that anything on the Services infringes a copyright that you own or control, please fill out this form. Or you may file a notice with us: marketing@Sugartime.world
If you file a notice with our Copyright Agent, must:
* - contain the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
* - identify the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
* - identify the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed, or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to let us locate the material;
* - provide your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address;
* - provide a personal statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
We try hard to keep our Services a safe place for all users. But we can't guarantee it. That's where you come in. By using the Services, you agree that:
* - You will not use the Services for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited in these Terms.
* - You will not use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, or other automated means or interface to access the Services or extract other user's information.
* - You will not use or develop any third-party applications that interact with the Services or other users' content or information without our written consent.
* - You will not use the Services in a way that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Services, or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of the Services.
* - You will not use or attempt to use another user's account, username, or password without their permission.
* - You will not solicit login credentials from another user.
* - You will not post content that contains pornography, graphic violence, threats, hate speech, guns or other weaponry, or incitements to violence.
* - You will not upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of the Services.
* - You will not attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ, or attempt to access areas or features of the Services that you are not authorized to access.
* - You will not probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of our Services or any system or network.
* - You will not encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
We have the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above, including intellectual property rights infringement and App security issues, to the fullest extent of the law. We may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Sugartime users who violate these Terms of Service. You acknowledge that we have the right to monitor your access to or use of the App and/or the Service for operating purposes, to ensure your compliance with these Terms of Service, or to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body.
We also care about your safety while using our Services. So do not use our Services in a way that would distract you from obeying traffic or safety laws. And never put yourself or others in harm's way.
You are responsible for any activity that occurs in your account. So it's important that you keep your account secure. One way to do that is to select a strong password that you don't use for any other account.
By using the Services, you agree that, in addition to exercising common sense:
* - You will not create more than one account for yourself.
* - You will not create another account if we have already disabled your account, unless you have our written permission to do so.
* - You will not buy, sell, rent, or lease access to your Sugartime account without our written permission.
* - You will not share your password.
* - You will not log in or attempt to access the Services through unauthorized third-party applications or clients.
If you think that someone has gained access to your account, please immediately reach out to Sugartime Support at hi@Sugartime.world
You are responsible for any mobile charges that you may incur for using our Services, including text-messaging and data charges. If you're unsure what those charges may be, you should ask your service provider before using the Services.
If you use a service, feature, or functionality that is operated by a third party and made available through our Services (including Services we jointly offer with the third party), each party's terms will govern the respective party's relationship with you. Sugartime is not responsible or liable for those third party's terms or actions taken under the third party's terms.
We're relentlessly improving our Services and creating new ones all the time. That means we may add or remove features, products, or functionalities, and we may also suspend or stop the Services altogether. We may take any of these actions at any time, and when we do, we may not provide you with any notice beforehand.
Sugartime may also terminate these Terms with you at any time, for any reason, and without advanced notice. That means that we may stop providing you with any Services, or impose new or additional limits on your ability to use the Services. For example, we may deactivate your account due to prolonged inactivity or inappropriate behavior, and we may reclaim your username at any time for any reason.
Both you and Sugartime continue to be bound by Sections 3, 6, 10, 13-21 of the Terms.
You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sugartime, our directors, officers, employees, and affiliates from and against any and all complaints, charges, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys' fees) due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to: (a) your access to or use of the Services; (b) your content; and (c) your breach of these Terms.
We try to keep the Services up and running and free of annoyances. But we make no promises that we will succeed.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN ADDITION, WHILE Sugartime ATTEMPTS TO PROVIDE A GOOD USER EXPERIENCE, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICES WILL ALWAYS BE SECURE, ERROR-FREE, OR TIMELY; (B) THE SERVICES WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DELAYS, DISRUPTIONS, OR IMPERFECTIONS; OR (C) THAT ANY Sugartime CONTENT, USER CONTENT, OR INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE TIMELY OR ACCURATE.
Sugartime TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU, ANOTHER USER, OR A THIRD PARTY CREATES, UPLOADS, POSTS, SENDS, RECEIVES, OR STORES ON OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO CONTENT THAT MIGHT BE OFFENSIVE, ILLEGAL, MISLEADING, OR OTHERWISE INAPPROPRIATE, NONE OF WHICH Sugartime WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Sugartime AND OUR MANAGING MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, AND SUPPLIERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR MULTIPLE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (B) THE CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES; OR (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT, EVEN IF Sugartime HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL Sugartime'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICES EXCEED THE GREATER OF $100 USD OR THE AMOUNT YOU PAID Sugartime, IF ANY, IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPHS CAREFULLY BECAUSE THEY REQUIRE YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES WITH Sugartime, AND LIMIT THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US.
* - Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms or the use of the Services that cannot be resolved in small claims court will be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis, except that you and Sugartime are not required to arbitrate any dispute in which either party seeks equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets, or patents.
* - Arbitration Rules.United States Arbitration Law governs the interpretation and enforcement of this dispute-resolution provision. Arbitration will be initiated through the United States International Economic and Trade Arbitration (“USIETAC”). If the USIETAC is not available to arbitrate, the parties will select an alternative arbitral forum. The rules of the arbitral forum will govern all aspects of this arbitration, except to the extent those rules conflict with these Terms.
* - Additional Rules for Non-appearance Arbitration. If non-appearance arbitration is elected, the arbitration will be conducted by telephone, online, written submissions, or any combination of the three; the specific manner will be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration will not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless the parties mutually agree otherwise.
* - Authority of the Arbitrator..The arbitrator will decide the jurisdiction of the arbitrator and the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and Sugartime. The dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator will have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim or dispute. The arbitrator will have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum's rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator will issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and Sugartime.
* - Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions.ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS. CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. If, however, this waiver of class or consolidated actions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, neither you nor we are entitled to arbitration.
* - Confidentiality. No part of the procedures will be open to the public or the media. All evidence discovered or submitted at the hearing is confidential and may not be disclosed, except by written agreement of the parties, pursuant to court order, or unless required by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no party will be prevented from submitting to a court of law any information needed to enforce this arbitration agreement, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
* - Right to Waive. Any rights and limitations set forth in this arbitration agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver will not waive or affect any other portion of this arbitration agreement.
* - Opt-out. You may opt out of this arbitration agreement. If you do so, neither you nor Sugartime can force the other to arbitrate. To opt out, you must notify Sugartime in writing no later than 30 days after first becoming subject to this arbitration agreement. Your notice must include your name and address, your Sugartime username and the email address you used to set up your Sugartime account (if you have one), and an unequivocal statement that you want to opt-out of this arbitration agreement.
* - Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or Sugartime may bring an individual action in small claims court.
* - Arbitration Agreement Survival. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Sugartime.
Except to the extent they are preempted by the laws of the United States, other than its conflict-of-laws principles, govern these Terms and any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms or their subject matter, including tort claims.
If any provision of these Terms is found unenforceable, then that provision will be severed from these Terms and not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Given the breadth of our Services, we sometimes need to craft additional terms and conditions for specific Services. Those additional terms and conditions, which will be available with the relevant Services, then become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services.
* - These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and Sugartime, and supersede any prior agreements.
* - These Terms do no create or confer any third-party beneficiary rights.
* - If we do not enforce a provision in these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver.
* - We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
* - You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without our consent.
* - These Terms were written in English and to the extent the translated version of these Terms conflict with the English version, the English version will control.
Sugartime welcomes comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions. Please send feedback to us by visiting www.Sugartime.world
Sugartime is operated by Exu Inc.
Sugartime is a real-time video chat mobile application. You can meet cool and interesting people from all over the world, enjoy fun chats, and make new friends on our platform.
The key functionality of Sugartime is a real-time video chat mobile application where users can meet cool and interesting people from all over the world, enjoy fun chats, and make new friends on our platform. It pairs individuals (“Users”) together based on compatibility and other factors, and to enable individuals to chat and communicate online through various media including text, video, linking and accessing third party social network platforms such as but not limited to Snapchat (collectively, the “Service”).
Information We Collect
There are three basic ways we collect information:
* - Information you choose to give us
* - Information we get when you use our services
* - Information we get from third parties
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Choose to Give Us
By visiting and interacting with Sugartime, its App and/or its Service, you provide us with Personal Information which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
* - Personally Identifiable Information: may include, without limitation, information provided when you register to use the App and/or the Service, including your name, profile picture, date of birth, phone number, phone book content, address, email address, occupation, employer, gender, age, birthday, Facebook account info and friend list, and/or other social network usernames and ‘likes' and preferences, friend lists and number of friends you have via social networks, messages to other users of the App and the Service, use information regarding your use of the Service, profile picture that you upload via the App or the Service, and browser information.
* - The information you choose to provide above may be shared with your contacts on our service. You have total control over your profile information and you can access to modify at any time. In addition, if you register to our service with your Facebook account (e.g. Facebook Connect), we may store your Facebook ID and corresponding token on our servers and, if you give us your expressed consent, we will have access to and may collect certain information that you make available on Facebook (for example, your first and last names, email address, profile picture, your friend lists and birthdays). Your Profile is available to other users of the Service who are connected to you on our service. In addition, unless you opt-out (which you may do so at any time in the settings of our application), your Profile is discoverable by other users. You may choose to “block” any user on our platform to prevent unwanted access of your Personal Information.
* - You may also choose to share your mobile device’s Contacts list with us (including names, numbers, emails, Facebook ID, Apple ID, etc) and we will store it on our servers to help you better improve our service, e.g. connecting with friends on our service. If you do not want us to store this information, you may opt-out through your account settings or notify us via email. If done so, we will not be able to offer some of our features on our service.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through the services. Keep in mind that the users you send texts, images, and any other content to can always save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the Internet at large applies to Sugartime as well: Don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
It probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: When you contact Sugartime Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you used one of the filter in app and the number of times you have used this filter. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. We may collect information including but not limited to:
* - How you interact with the services, such as which filters you view or the number of times apply to discover.
* - Content created when using the service. It includes creating or uploading different kinds of content to the App, including without limitation, photos, text, messages, posts, html, URLs, pictures, video and other content (collectively, “User Contributed Content”), and the metadata that is provided with the content. As you upload User Contributed Content you should be mindful of your privacy as well as the privacy of others.
* - How you communicate with other Sugartime users, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot). We allow you to share text messages, photos, screenshots, videos and other forms of communications on our service with other users, and if you choose to do so your text messages, photos, screenshots, videos and other communications may be stored on our servers. In addition, if you choose to share these items with other users, we may not be able to remove them from our servers or make them unavailable to anyone you have shared them with. Sending and sharing text messages, photos, screenshots, videos or other communications on our service is your decision. By choosing to share that information, you should understand that you may no longer be able to control how that information is used and that it may become publicly available. We are not responsible for any use or misuse of information you share.
* - Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, none direct display of content moderation, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
* - User content e.g. photos, screenshots, comments, and other materials that you create on the service may also be collected. Your photos and videos may be captured by other users on the service, and those content can be stored and used by us or third party services (e.g. Facebook) for content moderation and community safety monitoring purposes. You can change third party sharing options in our product settings or writing to us directly.
* - Device Phonebook. Because Sugartime is all about communicating with friends, we may—with your consent—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
* - Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
* - Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
* - Details about how you’ve used our services.
* - Device information, such as your web browser type and language.
* - Access times.
* - Pages viewed.
* - IP address.
* - Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
* - Pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
* - If you contact us by email and other means (Twitter, Facebook etc) we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence and will use these contact info and correspondence if we respond to you.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our services. For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other companies that are owned or operated by us, or any other third-party sources, and combine that with the information we collect through our services.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. But we do a lot more as well, such as:
* - Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
* - Communicate with you.
* - Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
* - Personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
* - Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
* - Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
* - Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
* - Enforce our Terms of Service and other usage polices.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
How We Share Information
In certain instances, we may share your personal information with third-party service providers to further improve and optimize our service for you. We may share information about you in the following ways:
* - With other users. We may share the following information with other users
* - Information about you, such as your username and name;
* - Information about how you have interacted with the services, such as the names of users you are friends with, and other information that will help users understand your connections with others using the services. For example, because it may not be clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have Sugartime friends in common;
* - Any additional information you have consented for us to share. For example, when you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook;
* - With all users and the general public. We may share the following information with all users as well as the general public:
* - Public information like your profile pictures that you submit to Local. If a Local service is streamed on the web or broadcast in some other media, it may be viewed by the public at large.
* - With our affiliates, we may share information with entities within the Sugartime family of companies.
* - With third parties, we may share your information with the following third parties:
* - With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
* - With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
* - Comply with any valid legal process, government request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
* - Investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations;
* - Protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
* - With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Sugartime gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
* - In the aggregate or after de-identification. We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
You expressly agree that information provided when you register the App and/or the content your created when using the App (including without limitation, photos, text, messages, posts, html, URLs, pictures, video and other content), may be recorded, stored, published and made available to the rest of Sugartime users. Furthermore, other users may follow you on the App, and your followers can see, for example, the user contributed content that you have uploaded to the App. Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in the information you provided or content that you create in the App.
Your information may also be stored and process in any country in which we provide service to due to server facilities and third-party service teams. By using our service, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Information You Choose to Share with Third Parties
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or be a co-branded or third-party-branded service that’s being provided jointly with or by another company. By going to those links, using the third-party integration, or using a co-branded or third-party-branded service, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. To the extent that you use a profile that may be available to others on our Service, you are solely responsible for its content and accuracy at all times. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
How Long We Keep Your ContentFinally—and this is important—you should understand that users who see the content you provide can always save it using any number of techniques: screenshots, in-app functionality, or any other image-capture technology. It’s also possible, as with any digital information, that someone might be able to access messages forensically or find them in a device’s temporary storage. If any deletion of user information of our App happens, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. And we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
How we protect Your Information
Protecting user privacy and personal information is a top priority for us. We process your personal information to improve and enforce our security measures, combat spam, malware, malicious activities, or security risks, and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not access your account with us. Access to any user information is restricted to our employees, contractors, agents, and third-party service providers ONLY whom needs to know the information in order to provide, operate, develop, maintain, support, and optimize the our service experience and security. We use password protection, access logs, and system monitoring to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all user information. Due to the inherent nature of the internet and related technology, we do not guarantee the protection of information under our control against loss, misuse, or alteration.
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
* - Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and control the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users or is unlawful. You can access and update your account information right in the app by visiting the app’s Settings page. If you need to access, update, or delete any other personal information that we may have, you can put in a request here. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. You can also remove our service from your mobile device or process account deletion.
* - Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook, camera, photos, or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
* - Account Deletion. You can remove your data anytime you want. Account deletion can be accessed within the app. Upon your request, we will temporarily disable your account to prepare for removal. During this time you can cancel your deletion request and we will resume your account. Upon the end of 30 days, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your data from our servers. Please note, some information may remain in archived/backup copies for legal purposes or required by law (for instance, some “traffic data” may be kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations).
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 18. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 18.